How do I cite an electronic book in APA?
What You Need
- First Name Initial and Last Name of the author(s)
- Year Published.
- Title of the e-book.
- Translator name (if applicable)
- Publisher name.
- DOI or URL (if applicable)
- For republished books ONLY: Year the original work was published.
How do you cite an eBook in text MLA?
Works Cited in MLA:
Remember: only use paragraph, chapter, or section numbers if they are explicitly provided by the original text. Do no invent your own numbers. Format: Author, Name. “Chapter, Essay, or Section Title,” Title of E-Book, edited by Name Q.
How do you cite an online textbook in MLA?
Structure: Author’s last name, First name. Title of the e-Book. Name of e-reader device, Publisher, Year published.
How do you cite an ebook without page numbers?
To cite in text for e-books lacking page numbers it is suggested by the APA that you include any of the following to cite the quotation:
- a paragraph number, if provided; alternatively, you can count paragraphs down from the beginning of the document;
- an overarching heading plus a paragraph number within that section; or.
How do you cite a book in APA in text?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, like, for example, (Jones, 1998). One complete reference for each source should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
What if there is no page number to cite in MLA?
MLA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the page number from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken, for example: (Smith 163). If the source does not use page numbers, do not include a number in the parenthetical citation: (Smith).
How do you properly cite a website?
When citing a web site in the Reference List, provide as much as possible of the following information:
- Author’s name (if available).
- Date of publication or update in parentheses (if available). …
- Title or description of document.
- Title of complete work (if relevant), in italics or underlined.
How do you cite a book title?
Use double quotation marks for title of an article, a chapter, or a web page. Use italics for title of a periodical, a book, a brochure or a report. Two or more authors: Within the text use the word and. If the authors’ names are within parentheses use the & symbol.
How do I cite an eBook with page numbers?
To cite a direct quotation, also provide page numbers if the e-book has page numbers. If there are no page numbers, you can include any of the following in the text to cite the quotation (see section 6.05 of the Publication Manual, pp.
How do you cite without page numbers?
In-Text No Page Numbers (Internet Resources) [6.05]
- Use the author or author’s surname(s), the date of publication, paragraph number.
- If no author is given, use the title of the document or headings.
- Do not include initials or full names of the author or author’s first name(s)