Is there a hard reset for Macbook Pro?
Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I wipe my macbook pro?
How to Wipe a Mac Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Make sure your Mac is turned off.
- Press the power button.
- Immediately hold down the command and R keys.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the OS X Utilities list. …
- Select the disk you’d like to erase by clicking on it in the sidebar.
29 мая 2018 г.
Do Macs have System Restore?
Unfortunately, Mac does not provide a system restore option like its Windows counterpart. However, if you are using Mac OS X as well as an external drive or AirPort Time Capsule, a built-in back up feature called Time Machine may help you achieve your ends.
How do I restore my Mac from the Internet?
How to use Internet Recovery to reinstall macOS
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button. …
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery. …
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar. …
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I restart my MacBook Pro when the screen is black?
Hold down the Shift+Control+Option+Power button at the same time for a few seconds. Release all keys at the same time, then boot the Mac as usual.
How do I fix my Mac that won’t boot up?
Press the Shift+Control+Option keys at the left side of the keyboard and the Power button, and hold them all down. Release all four buttons at the same time, and then press the Power button to turn the Mac on. On MacBooks with a removable battery, unplug the Mac from its power source and remove the battery.
How do I factory reset my 2009 MacBook Pro?
Here are your next steps to wipe a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air:
- In the macOS Utilities window, choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk and click Erase.
- Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as the format.
- Click Erase.
- Wait until the process is finished.
How do I reset my Mac before selling it?
What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac
- Create a backup. Make sure that you have a current backup of your important files. …
- Sign out of iTunes in macOS Mojave or earlier. …
- Sign out of iCloud. …
- Sign out of iMessage. …
- Reset NVRAM. …
- Optional: Unpair Bluetooth devices that you’re keeping. …
- Erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS.
Why can’t I erase Macintosh HD?
If your disk or volume doesn’t appear, or the erase fails
Shut down your Mac, then unplug all nonessential devices from your Mac. If you’re erasing an external drive, make sure that it’s connected directly to your Mac using a cable that you know is good. Then turn the drive off and back on.