How do you use old books creatively?
Here’s some of our favourite ideas!
- Turn it into a garden.
- Try kusudama balls.
- Make a beautiful wreath.
- Create mini gift pouches.
- Craft a guardian angel.
- Make a unique bouquet.
- Use pages to make a monogram.
- Try these paper lillies.
How do you distress a book cover?
Get a small amount of dark wax on your paint brush and lightly dab/brush the wax onto one side of the drop cloth. You want the book cover to look naturally aged and worn, so it’s okay to leave some of the cloth bare and focus a little more wax where someone might naturally grab the book, along the spine and edges.
How do you make a book stack?
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO DIY BOOK STACK
Apply 1-2 coats of paint, letting it dry according to instructions on the spray paint can. Let the books dry overnight. Apply transfer (stencil) to the area that you choose. Using Chalk Paste, squeegee over the silk screen area to product the design on the books.
What can I do with useless books?
In case you find yourself in a similar situation, here are 10 ways to recycle your old books.
- Donate to your local library. Bring your gently used books to your local library. …
- Donate to a local charity. …
- Make some gift tags. …
- Recycle your unusable books. …
- Sell them or give them away online. …
- Make a “Free Books” box.
How do you chalk paint a book?
- Use hard covered books.
- Place protective paper or tarp down on flat surface.
- Line up books on top of paper for ease in painting all at once.
- Paint one coat of chalk paint on the top of book and to the spine, including the edges.
- Allow to dry approximately 30 minutes.