How do you cite multiple pages from the same book APA?
If there are multiple consecutive pages, write “pp.” before the number instead of “p.” Separate the page numbers with a hyphen. A single page number citation might look like (Smith, 2010, p. 40) or (p.
How do you cite a chapter in a book in APA?
Citing a Book Chapter: Print Version
Chapter Author’s Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial. (Year). Chapter or article title.
How do you cite a second edition book in APA?
Author Surname, First Initial. Second Initial. (Year). Book title: Subtitle (edition).6 дней назад
How do you in text cite multiple pages?
In-Text Citation Basics
The author-date method includes the author’s surname and the the publication year. Do not include suffixes such as Jr., Esq., etc. When multiple pages are referenced, use pp.
How do you cite the same book in the same page?
No, you can use the same source more than once, and only list it a single time in your Works Cited page. Your in-text citation provides the page number information. The citation in the body of your paper for a book will include the author or authors’ last name(s) and the page number.
How do you reference a chapter in a book?
Chapter in a book (print)
- Author of the chapter/section.
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title of chapter/section (in single quotation marks) ‘in’ plus author/editor of book.
- Title of book (in italics).
- Place of publication: publisher.
- Page reference.
How do you cite a chapter in a book in APA 6th edition?
Chapter in an edited book – print version
Author(s) of chapter – family name and initials, use & for multiple authors. (Year of publication). Title of chapter. In Editor(s) – initial(s) and family name – of book (Ed.6 дней назад
How do you cite a chapter in a book APA 7?
- Appear first in the reference, surname first followed by a comma, then initials (do not include the full first names of authors).
- Include all author names in the reference list.
- If the book does not have an author move the title to the author position, before the year of publication.
6 дней назад
How do I know what edition my book is?
Identifying the First Edition of a Book
The publisher may actually state the words ‘first edition’ or ‘first printing’ on the copyright page. Another common method of identification is the number line – that’s a line of numbers on the copyright page. Usually, if a one is present in the line then it’s a first edition.
How do you properly cite a book?
The basic form for a book citation is: Last Name, First Name. Title of Book. City of Publication, Publisher, Publication Date.
How do you cite an edition of a book in APA?
Provide the author, year of publication, title, and publisher of the book. Include any edition information in parentheses after the title, without italics. If the book includes a DOI, include the DOI in the reference after the publisher name.
How do you cite two pages in one sentence?
In situations like this, you have three options:
- Option 1: Give a single parenthetical reference after the last idea or quotation from the source in the paragraph. …
- Option 2: Make separate in-text citations for each section you are citing. …
- Option 3: Define a source in the text at the start of the paragraph.
How do you cite multiple quotes in one sentence APA?
Separate the citations with semicolons. Arrange two or more works by the same authors (in the same order) by year of publication. Place in-press citations last. Give the authors’ surnames once; for each subsequent work, give only the date.