How do I find out the value of a book?
The easiest way to know how much your copy of a book is worth on the open market is to check on how much similar copies are currently being offered for. Fill out this form with enough information to get a list of comparable copies. You probably don’t need to include every word of the title and author’s name.
What books are worth money?
20 Iconic Books You Probably Own That Are Now Worth A LOT Of Money!
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997), J.K. Rowling.
- The Cat in the Hat (1957) Dr. …
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902), Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Bible (1600 – 1630)
- The Jungle Book and The Second Jungle Book (1894-1895) Rudyard Kipling:
Where can I find rare books?
There are a variety of search sites that specialize in rare and antique books.
- Alibris is a popular book search site that allows you to search in a variety of ways.
- Book Finder allows you to search thousands of books and compare prices on similar copies.
- Abe Books is a one of the largest book searches on the Internet.
How do you sell rare books online?
Where to sell your rare book online
- Flipsy.com – Sell your book on Flipsy.
- Direct Textbook – Get the best price offer for your book.
- Ebay – Run your own book auction.
- Amazon.com – Sell your rare book on Amazon.
- Abe Books – Look up individual book buyers.
What is the most valuable book?
The World’s Most Expensive Books
- ‘Birds of America’ …
- The Rothschild Prayerbook. …
- The Bay Psalm Book. …
- The St. …
- The Magna Carta. …
- The Gospels of Henry the Lion. Original price: $11.7 million. …
- The Book of Mormon (Printer’s Manuscript) Original price: $35 million. …
- The Codex of Leicester. Original price: $30.8 million in 1994.
18 мая 2020 г.
How can you identify a first edition book?
Identifying the First Edition of a Book
The publisher may actually state the words ‘first edition’ or ‘first printing’ on the copyright page. Another common method of identification is the number line – that’s a line of numbers on the copyright page. Usually, if a one is present in the line then it’s a first edition.
How do I know if my Harry Potter book is worth money?
First editions of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets usually have the Smarties sticker/logo on the front, so that should be fine. The date of copyright should be 1998, the publisher Bloomsbury, and the number line counting down to 1, and only hardback copies of this book have collectible value.
What is the rarest book?
The Gutenberg Bible
What are the most sought after books?
Dust off those boxes, cross your fingers and pray you have one of these.
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. …
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. …
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by JK Rowling. …
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. …
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl.
Are old books worth anything?
A beaten-up old book that is falling apart will have little value. First editions are sought-after by book collectors and a first edition is usually more valuable than a later printing. A first edition signed by the author will have even greater value.
How can you tell if a book is rare?
To be considered rare, a book must be more than just scarce; it must be scarce relative to the demand for it. Beginning collectors often assume that because a book is very old it must be worth a great deal of money.
How do I find a book without the title or author?
In case of a forgotten title or author, you have to remember anything you can use from the book. It could be the name of a character, a line of dialog, or even basic plot points. The more specific the phrase, the better the result. All rules of a normal search apply (for instance, for exact searches put it in quotes).
Where is the best place to sell used books?
You can sell your books on a lot of sites, like eBay and Abebooks. Amazon, though, is the biggest and most-trafficked bookstore in the world, so it’s the best place to sell your books. By selling books yourself on Amazon, you can list your book in the “New & Used” section of a book’s Amazon page.
Where is the best place to sell vintage books?
Where To Sell Used Books: 6 Of The Best Places Online (And In Person)
- BookScouter. I like to start with BookScouter.com. …
- Half Price Books. …
- Amazon. …
- 4. Powell’s Books. …
- Online Buy Back Programs. …
- Your local indie.